The last article in this series discussed methods to reduce the risk of complications in PICCs. This final article will focus on how to troubleshoot some of the most common complications associated with PICCs if they do occur…
Vascular Access in a post COVID-19 World: What do we learn and new paradigms ?
June 2020, 8th
- Which kind of peripheral line in COVID patients who do not require hospitalization in the ICU? Midline of all?
by Dr Matthew Simpson, UK
- Which kind of central line should we use in COVID patients? PICC or CICC?
by Dr Mauro Pittiruti, Italy
- Oncology patients during and after COVID -19 crisis: Chest port management, what do we need to change and improve?
by Dr Luc Rotenberg, France
Intracavitary ECG for tip location in patients with atrial fibrillation
June 2020, 11th
- Intracavitary ECG: principles and advantages
by Dr Mauro Pittiruti
- A possible limitation: patients with atrial fibrillation (AF)?
by Dr Cristina Garrino
- An intracavitary ECG system designed to work with patients in AF
by Dr Antonio La Greca
Articles you may like !
In this article, we interview Marta Rubio de las Cuevas on the placement of PICC-ports by multidisciplinary teams. Marta has been a nurse in the Vascular-Interventional Radiology Department at the Marqués de Valdecilla University Hospital in Santander, which has been a pioneer in the training of multidisciplinary teams for the insertion of PICCs for 43 years…
In this article, we will address thrombosis in peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs) based on the following aspects: incidence, causes, physiology, symptomatology, and prevention…